Monday, February 16, 2004

Dean's Campaign Chairman May Soon Back Kerry

Howard Dean got hit with mutiny by a top aide on Sunday as he struggled to keep alive his sputtering bid for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination.

Campaign chairman Steve Grossman told The New York Times he will leave Dean and support front-runner John Kerry if Dean loses the Wisconsin primary on Tuesday as expected.

"If Howard Dean does not win the Wisconsin primary, I will reach out to John Kerry unless he reaches out to me first," Grossman told the newspaper's online edition.

"I will make it clear that I will do anything and everything I can to help him become the next president, and I will do anything and everything I can to build bridges with the Dean organization," Grossman said. Grossman is a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He was also chairman of Kerry's 1996 Senate campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home