Thursday, May 03, 2007

John Kerry and what he did for me

I got to thinking, and wondered about how I got to where I am now. I have quite a few people to thank for it, but among them, is Senator John F. Kerry. Many have taken Kerry for granted, but I never lost sight of how he was part of me turning into what I am now. I was not, and am still not used to eating your own. I could never understand it! When I first showed up at The Democratic Daily, it was not a very nice scene I started with. I came out with much hatred and spew. Pamela talked to me via email, and stated the purpose of the blog. I responded, and it started there. I was a confessed republican, and they took me in after Katrina. They let me post, knowing I was a republican! They did not turn me away, because of that, but let me have a voice for that reason. Now I'm not going to say that the transformation was right away, not by a long shot! For less than a month, I posted there and got to knowing the people, and got to knowing who JK really was. I really got impressed when I found out the truth about him. The more I learned, the more I liked.

During all this, Rita came along, and the last of the blinders came off. I rebuked the Party, and declared myself to be done with them. The name Katrinacrat came to be in one of the comments, and just stuck after. I became a part of the Kerry community after that. Senator John Kerry was a part of making a former Marine and a republican, a new member of the democratic fold. I will be forever in the debt of Senator Kerry and The Democratic Daily.

In honor of the Senator, I would like to introduce you to the man I have come to know and trust. I give you Senator John F. Kerry, the man that Went Upriver! Please watch the whole thing, and you will know why I admire this man.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home