Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Kerry Blogger Responds to Kos: Kos's sour grapes

Wow! Serious sour grapes here, Kos.

Did you ever participate at the Kerry Blog? Doubtful. So instead of trashing the Kerry Blog and what the Kerry Campaign accomplished with their online activists, you ought to look in the mirror first.

That's right... take a good long look in the mirror and see your negative, whining, ranting self for what you are.

You proved your ignorance by stating that Zach Exley "was behind the god-awful Kerry blog". I know the record has already been set straight here by a few, but I will add my 2 cents.

Dick Bell was behind the Kerry Blog and a whole lot more of the Kerry internet activist's role in the Kerry campaign. I know this because I worked closely with Dick Bell from August '03 as a volunteer writer for the Kerry Blog and a moderator. Any questions or doubts on that search the Kerry Blog archives for threads authored by Pamela Leavey.

Likewise you are wrong if you think that Kerry has been abandoned by legions of Democrats. There are legions of Democrats who are still very, very loyal to John Kerry.

I guarantee you that the Kerry internet activists, the Kerry Bloggers are felt as though they were "valued partners" in the campaign and likewise John Kerry had a great deal of respect and thanks for his Bloggers.

There were a lot of things that the campaign perhaps should have and could have done better, but one thing that the core group of original Kerry Bloggers got early on was the need to be positive on the Kerry Blog and focus on the message. So while everyone including yourself was busy ranting and whining on the Dean Blog, the Kerry Blog focused on the positive and spread the word about John Kerry.

Democrats who insist on attacking their own could take a lesson from the Kerry Bloggers who worked hard to keep the Kerry Blog a focused and positive community. We're not helping the party nor any of our candidates when we attack them or rant about them.

I have always disliked the sensationalism that much of the media employs. Funny, I have always disliked the Daily Kos for much the same reasons.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ron Chusid said...

Also note Zach's response posted at Kos:

http://www.dailykos.com/comments/2004/12/20/134325/64/191?mode=alone;showrate=1#191

3:37 PM  
Blogger Pamela J. Leavey said...

Hi Ron

I saw Zach's post. I've never been a faithful follower of Kos. He has written some very good stuff, but he goes off on one of these rants of his against people who have worked hard in the Dem party or for the campaign, it just is such a turn off.

4:42 PM  
Blogger BobsAdvice said...

I volunteered for John Kerry in 2004 in Wisconsin.
I am new to political blogging but became inspired to act when I experienced what I would call the injustice of the 2004 election. I have a blog on blogger called John Kerry for President 2008. I do not think that John Kerry was wrong in 2004, and he is certainly not wrong for 2008. We Democrats cannot always just use and toss our candidates away. Our nation needs the leadership that John Kerry offers.

I am doing what I can for Kerry for 2008. I didn't do enough in 2004.

Bob

2:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela J. Leavey said...

By BobsAdvice, at 2:32 PM

Hi BobsAdvice

Great Blog! I'm adding you to the Blog Roll here. Also check out the Light Up The Darkness Blog - http://www.lightupthedarkness.org/blog/default.asp

6:02 PM  
Blogger Pamela J. Leavey said...

By karendc, at 12:14 PM

Thankfully a few of us, we the faithful Kerry Bloggers (Kerry Freedom Fighters), gave Dick the credit on the DKos Blog.

6:06 PM  
Blogger BobsAdvice said...

Pamela,

Thank you for the kind words. I just do what I can to help John Kerry make the decision to have a go at 2008. I am sure that if they counted all of the votes in Ohio, we would have a result like the Washington State result. John Kerry did not want to go down that road. I think I understand.

Meanwhile, I think that all of our efforts are important to this race. Most people do not get involved, do not write, do not campaign. Those of us who choose to involve ourselves, actually have impact far greater than our sole voices should command. Thank goodness!

Have a wonderful holiday season. (That isn't politically correct anymore. That makes it even more fun to say stuff like Season's Greetings!)

Bob

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home