Sunday, February 29, 2004

Cuomos endorse Kerry

(CNN) -- Former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo and his son, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Andrew Cuomo, endorsed Sen. John Kerry for president Saturday.

"It seems to me he has everything it takes to make a really great candidate," Mario Cuomo told reporters in a conference call. "I'm delighted and pleased we're endorsing him, and I'll do everything I can to help."

Andrew Cuomo extolled Kerry's agenda for the economic empowerment of urban areas as "very impressive."

Citing Kerry's "innovative housing proposals," the younger Cuomo, who served in the Clinton administration, said "his future agenda is even more impressive when it's backed by his past performance, so it's my pleasure to endorse him." Read More...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home