Saturday, August 07, 2004

West Michigan Shows Support For John Kerry and US Coast Guard



Last Monday we saw tremendous support for John Kerry with record attendance for a political rally in Grand Rapids. Today was the day of the annual Coast Guard Parade in Grand Haven Michigan--Coast Guard City, USA. In a week in which John Kerry has pointed out George Bush's failures in defending the country from terrorist threats, and others tried to distort Kerry's military record, it was fitting that a replica of John Kerry's swift boat was included in the Coast Guard Parade.

We knew it was a going to be a good day when driving into Grand Haven, which sits in the midst of Republican West Michigan. We passed numerous cars with Kerry bumper stickers and gave each other thumbs up (and the opposite to the rare cars with Bush stickers). While actually at the parade, we saw many people wearing Kerry stickers and badges, but other than for the county Republican Party float, not a single Bush badge.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Robert Oler...it was just easier to post anonymously.

Ron...great photo. Can you send me the largest under say 1.5 mb of it you can? I want to take it down to the Morrison office. We have a printer that will do really nice "blowups" and print the four frames to put it on the wall.

Its a neat shot.

Robert G. Oler orbitjet@hotmail.com

7:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela J. Leavey said...

Great Photo Ron! You guys in Grand Rapids are rockking for Kerry!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ron Chusid said...

Beth,

I emailed Dick as soon as I posted the picture here to let me know about it, and he told me he'd be running it on the official blog.

Two of the pictures I took at the Grand Rapids rally (posted here on Monday) were added to the official blog on Tuesday.

Robert,

I'll send a larger sized file to you sometime this weekend.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Ron Chusid said...

Of course if looking at pictures out of my camera to make the official blog, my favorite remains the one of Teresa and I:

http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/000989.html

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home