Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Kerry begins television advertising, unveils two ads to air in Iowa
September 03, 2003

Washington, DC – John Kerry today will begin his television advertising campaign in Iowa. The campaign unveiled two ads that were filmed during Kerry’s announcement yesterday in Des Moines and produced in Iowa last night.

In the first ad, entitled “Strength,” Kerry says “Three million jobs lost, too many of them in the heartland. That is an astonishing failure. If I am President I will roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy so we can invest in education, health care, and the skills of our workers. We need to be on the side of America’s middle class, and a tax cut for them is the right way to strengthen our economy. I’m John Kerry, and I approve this message.”

In “Iowa Announcement,” the second ad, Kerry says “I believe the courage of Americans can change this country. I believe the resolve of Americans can break the grip of special interests and bring back jobs and finally open up health care to all. Your courage can make sure we do what’s right for our country, and I am honored to join you as a candidate for the President of the United States of America. I’m John Kerry, and I approve this message.

The ads will air in six media markets in Iowa – Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City, Quad Cities/Davenport, Mason City and Omaha, and on selected cable outlets in Iowa.

Different ads will begin airing tomorrow in New Hampshire.

The ads can be viewed at www.johnkerry.com.

Kerry has the largest bank account of any Presidential candidate, reporting nearly $11 million in cash on hand at the end of June. These are the first ads the Kerry campaign has aired.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home